Northgate Hall Community
NEWS UPDATE - NOVEMBER 2016
Minutes: Board of Directors Meeting
Date: November 17, 2016
Time: 6:30 PM
Place: Cummings & Company 9607 Belair Road
Attendees: A. Chesser, T. DeHart, J Dulny, R. Dunn, D. Graber, J. Lee, P. Lee, C. Marks, B. Stallings
Absent: S. Michno, E. Stylc, J. Wiggins
Meeting called to order by President Jerome Lee at approximately 6:45 PM. The earlier start time "confused" some members which contributed to the delay.
- The stone work authorized behind the houses on Variation Road has been completed on both sides. Small areas remaining behind homes on the even side of Deviation Road will be addressed in the spring of 2017.
- President Lee sent an email to Councilman David Marks which was subsequently forwarded to Vince Gardina, Director of Environmental Protection and Sustainability (EPS) relative to the damaged trees inside the fence of the Storm Water Management Facility (Pond); which is now county owned. He also supplied photos of the affected area. We wanted to take a proactive approach before any damage to our open space occurred as a result of the leaning trees. We are awaiting determination from the county as to where the responsibility lies.
- Treasurer Joe Dulny provided a brief recap of our expenses and our cash on hand. We intend to continue to be financially prudent in our expenditures, but also will use the monies to improve the quality of residency for all our homeowners. Please contact a board member or send a request through the association website if you have a special request or concern.
- The renewal notice from Erie Insurance was received on 11/17/16. The cost of the annual insurance for our open space remained at $600.00.
- A complaint was received relative to a rental property on Deviation Road. The homeowner was contacted during the board meeting and assured that corrections to the deterioration of the property would be immediately addressed with the tenants. We thank the homeowner for their cooperation and timely action.
- SK Lawn and Landscaping was awarded the contract for 2017. They have responded well to the needs of the association to perform the maintenance of our open space, in addition to providing services to trim\cut down small trees, stone work, and any other requests. There was no increase in price.
- As we move further into the age of technology, discussion was held on the feasibility of sending the annual assessment notices via email. While there are certainly merits to the idea, the board recognizes that not everyone has access to a computer, or wants to provide their email address. In addition the downside is sometimes the homeowner may change carriers or change their email address all together and not notify the association or their computer is inoperable at the time the assessment is sent. It would probably be more work and time consuming to manage receipt of assessments sent via email. As a result the board voted to continue to send the annual assessment via the mail.
Christmas light judging will take place on Wednesday, December 21, 2016, beginning at 6:30 PM. We know we have some beautiful displays throughout our community and we thank you for sharing the spirit of the holiday season.
The next board meeting will be on January 24, 2017, at 6:30 PM at Cummings & Company located at 9607 Belair Road. The primary purpose of the meeting is to assemble the assessment notices and prepare for mailing. They should be in your mailboxes sometime in the last full week of January.
Due date is March 1, 2017.
Meeting adjourned at approximately 7:50 PM. Thank you to Auggie Chesser for the use of the meeting place.
Happy Holidays and Best Wishes in the New Year!