Northgate Hall Community
NEWS UPDATE - FEBRUARY 2015
Minutes: Board of Directors Meeting
Date: January 27, 2015
Time: 7:00 PM
Place: Remax Office Building 9414 Belair Road
Attendees: S. Bevans, A. Chesser, T. DeHart, J. Lee, P. Lee, C. Marks, B. Stallings, E. Stylc, J. Wiggins
Absent: C. Donnelly, J. Dulny, R. Dunn, L. Meyer
Meeting called to order by President Jerome Lee at approximately 7:05 P.M.
On December 1, 2014, the Board received two bids for the maintenance of community open space. After discussion at the December 2, 2014 board meeting, the board decided to solicit at least one more bid to make the process more competitive.
- A prospective bidder contacted the association via the community website. President Lee met with a representative of the company and walked the designated open space areas with him. He also showed the representative an aerial view of our open space that was outlined in red.
- A bid was received on or about January 21, 2015. The bid contained all information requested relative to the cost for each cut, license number and proof of insurance.
- A representative from one of the bidders attended the January 27th meeting and asked to address the board and share his company's background and experience. Questions were entertained from several board members. We thanked the gentleman for his interest and for taking the time to come to the board meeting; he was excused at approximately 7:20 P.M.
- President Lee presented the bids received from the three companies. A vote to accept the successful bidder was taken. With seven votes of those attending as well as three proxies received from absentee board members, ten votes were cast for SK Lawn & Landscaping. The contract for maintenance of our open space is for one year beginning April 1, 2015.
- Notification has been sent to the unsuccessful bidders.
- The successful bidder was contacted and asked to meet with the board of directors at our next meeting (date not determined).
- A brief discussion was held relative to solar panel installations. Several homeowners have requested architectural change approval.
- Update provided on legal action to collect 2014 assessment and legal fees from one delinquent homeowner.
- Winners of the 2014 holiday light judging contest will be posted to the community website.
- Final task was preparing the 2015 Assessment notices to 249 homeowners for mailing; all notices were accounted for. Assessment notices were mailed on January 28, 2015, via USPS First Class Mail and are due by March 1, 2015
Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:35 P.M. The board would like to thank Auggie Chesser for her hospitality and refreshments.
Perry Hall High School Choral Boosters 1st Annual Mulch Sale
Beautify your home while supporting a great cause!
Mulch Sale Information:
- High quality 2 cubic foot bags of dark hardwood mulch ($5 per bag)
- 100% guaranteed mulch (no filler)
- FREE delivery on Saturday, March 28, 2015 (with a 10 bag minimum order within Perry Hall High School district) – please give specific delivery instructions on the order form below.
- Orders of under 10 bags will be available for pick up on March 28, 2015 between 7:00 am – 12:00 pm in the parking lot.
How to Order:
- Please submit form by Friday, March 13, 2015.
Holiday Lighting Contest Winners - December 2014
Single Family Homes
1st Place - 9201 Bowline Road
2nd Place - 4816 Vicky Road
3rd Place - 9108 Bowline Road
Honorable Mention - 4811 Galley Road
1st Place - 4803 Variation Road
2nd Place - 9016 Deviation Road
3rd Place - 9028 Deviation Road
Honorable Mention 9004 Deviation Road
Monetary prizes were mailed to all winners. Thanks to all who participated!